Prettiest Bantam Competition! -Contest ends 11/20/11

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Chicks & Chickens, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Chicks & Chickens

Chicks & Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    Hello!

Welcome to the Prettiest Bantam Competition. This contest is about the prettiest little female bantam, which is a tiny Chicken. If your Chicken is not a Bantam, it does not qualify. Bantams ONLY.

Just post a picture of your female Bantam and fill out this:

Chicken's Name:

Breed of Bantam:

Why my Bantam should win:

Good luck to all contestants!

2. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Chicken's Name: Cocoa

Breed of Bantam: Brown Red Old English Game Bantam
    "[​IMG]"

Why my Bantam should win:

Picture:[​IMG]

3. TayFray!

TayFray! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Vienna, Maine
    Chicken's Name: Queen and Smallz

Breed of Bantam: Wheaten Old English's

Why my Bantam should win: Queen and Smallz are awesome little chickens. They hang around and love to roost on their roosts. They always stick together and have placed reserved best of breed in the Skowhegan Maine State Poultry Show in 2011 (first year they were shown) My rooster got Best of Breed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chicken's Name: Sylvie

Breed of Bantam: Silver Duckwing Old English

Why my Bantam should win: This is a bantam that I got from somebody who had about 8 bantams, their dogs got the rest and she and 1 other one lived. She is kind of a lone chicken, and every time I go down to the chicken pen she runs out and greets me. She also likes to go in my rabbit coop and visit.

[​IMG]

Chicken's Name: Curly

Breed of Bantam: Brassyback Old English

Why my Bantam should win: She is really fun to have. When I first had her she had bad mites and really overgrown toenails! We got those cleaned up and ever since she has been really friendly. She is named after Curly in the novel Of mice in men because she is always trying to start a fight with new chickens. But she is just showing them that she is dominant. When I open the bantam coop door she jumps out and sits on my arm or shoulder and I can walk around with her perched on me! She is just a joy to have around and she placed 1st in her breed in a couple of Maine state shows this year!

[​IMG]

4. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Chicken's Name: Rosalia (Rosie)

Breed of Bantam: Bantam Black Frizzled Cochin

Why my Bantam should win: She's absolutely adorable and really sweet! She loves to be cuddled, and is so cute when she runs and plays outside! She is also sweet to her flockmates and doesn't fight. She was my favorate chick since she arrived here in May. She is way smaller than all of her Large Fowl brother and sisters, which makes her all the more cute! And just look at those frizzled feathers!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Chicken's Name: Rosie Buttons (a.k.a. The Cleaning Lady) (a.k.a. Rosie Bossypants)

Breed of Bantam: Black Rosecomb

Why my Bantam should win: Everybody else around here gets all the attention. Rosie wants a little. A.T.T.E.N.T.I.O.N. Sometimes, when she's pretty ticked off at her subordinates, she fans her tail out and looks very pretty.

[​IMG]

We call her The Cleaning Lady when she knocks on the door after breakfast, and comes in to clean up the floor after our youngest child is done eating. There's plenty scattered on the floor and the chair for The Cleaning Lady after he's been at the table. So, can she get an extra point for childcare and cleanup crew?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  6. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY

Breed of Bantam: White Frizzle Cochin

Why my Bantam should win: Ive always heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Well just look at this pic, speaks for itself. Lol

[​IMG]

~Casey

7. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Mr. Ree :

Breed of Bantam: White Frizzle Cochin

Why my Bantam should win: Ive always heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Well just look at this pic, speaks for itself. Lol

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j443/Casey_Ree04/CaseysPics207.jpg

~Casey

I'm afraid that IS the prettiest chicken picture I've ever seen. Looks angelic.​

8. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    Here's a few of my cuties [​IMG]
    Chicken's Name: ????
    Breed of Bantam Silkies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  9. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    6chickens in St. Charles :

I'm afraid that IS the prettiest chicken picture I've ever seen. Looks angelic.

Thank you very much. This pic actually came out looking this way, all I did was crop it out a little to focus more on her. Only pic that turned out that way as well. Maybe its a sign. Lol

~Casey​

10. Chicken Junkies

Chicken Junkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Chicken's Name: Gwenie

Breed of Bantam: OEGB

Why my Bantam should win: Gwenie is the BEST chicken Momma ever, a regular hatching machine. She hatched chicks in single digit weather last Jan. and never lost a chick. (This wasn't planned, she just wanted babies and hid out.) She raises her babies and trains them everything chickens should know. They are always healthy and sweet natured little guys. She just hatched out some Guinea eggs for me, and I'm sayin' any Momma who can put up with Guinea babies is a Saint. Gwenie is AWESOME and I love her.

[​IMG]

Chicken's Name: Mia

Breed of Bantam: Bantam Russian Orloff

Why my Bantam should win: Mia is an AWESOME hen! She will hatch and mother anything I give her. We took her to our Chickenstock in April, cause it was cold and rainy. Other people had cold, chirping little chicks for sale. Not us, we had Mia. She kept 14 chicks warm all day long. Only 5 were hers. We sold some and bought some. She just loves them all. People were amazed and a couple people had her warm up their chicks for them. Mia doesn't think she is a chicken. She hangs out at the house all day long with her little ones and teaches them not to be scared of us. Russian Orloff have to be one of the best breeds and Mia is a great example and a great hen. I love my Mia.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by