`pretty baby update

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by slaphappykitten, Jun 16, 2007.

1. slaphappykitten

slaphappykitten Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2007
    florida
    here are my babys, they are 6,5 and 4 days old. i got all the eggs from a hen that decided not to sit any more. i had no idea when they would hatch.
    [​IMG]
    i couldnt beleive i hatched any on try one. i dont know what breed they are but this is the daddy
    [​IMG]
    i left the other 4 eggs in the bator even though they havent hatched. was going to clean it out today and their was one little black chick with yellow wing tips and a yellow butt. looked again and another egg is pipping and the other two moving and chirping so i will leave them there. its been 7 days of babys.

2. Jezebelle

Jezebelle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Pinnacle, NC
    congrats on the babies!!! they are ssoo cute!! and the daddys is very pretty too!

3. slaphappykitten

Jun 1, 2007
    florida
    thanks, i have video of them also but i dont know how or if you can.

4. Jezebelle

Jezebelle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Pinnacle, NC
    do you have a link to it?

5. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Daddy looks like a Red Star (sex-link) rooster. Mine looks identical...mostly white with some flecks of reddish-brown. The offspring will definitely be mutts...but should have plenty of hybrid vigor and be good layers.
    What breed are the hens?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  6. slaphappykitten

Jun 1, 2007
    florida
    2 silver laced the rest mutts really some red ones, black ones barred, orange one...hehe..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by