pretty colors - hatching eggs 10+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TinyBirds, Jan 5, 2011.

1. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    I can also send 5 eggs, your choice of colors, for $7.50 (shipping included). If you are closer to Texas, the shipping for 12 eggs will probably be closer to $10 so I can refund the difference.

[​IMG]
    We have free range hatching eggs from our multicolor egg-laying flock available. These are large fowl birds, not bantam (we keep the bantams separate). Most of the birds are young so their eggs are not as big as they will be when they are older.

Most roosters are black/blue ameraucana from paul smith (10 roosters) and 5 golden cuckoo and black copper marans roosters, 1 blrw, 1 ee, 1 australorp, 1 cochin, so expect some olive-eggers from this mix. Two weeks ago, I moved our other 40 roosters to the other side of our property so they will stop fighting and bothering the girls. I'll send just blue and dark brown eggs and speckled, unless you don't want something in particular.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. daze333

daze333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    I am sorry if I missed this in your post, but what kind of hens do you have?
    Thanks

3. TinyBirds

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    Sorry I was typing from my phone earlier and didn't get around to listing the hens (lots of types!) I took a picture tonight of the eggs I collected today and yesterday that could be sent out tomorrow (plus 1 more egg from tomorrow to fill the carton)
    [​IMG]
    The hens that laid these particular eggs are:
    3 black/blue ameraucana (likely fathers will be black/blue ameraucana since they hang together) I have 29 hens total from Paul Smith, John Blehm, Whitmore Farm, and Wayne Meredith, but most are not laying yet
    most of the other eggs, the shiny ones in the photo, are from various marans hens, such as blue marans (from peachicks and cree farms line from madelynbelle), and golden cuckoo marans hens (likely fathers are the black/blue ameraucanas and slight chance of a marans father, but I'm guessing most of them will end up olive eggers since the Ameraucana boys are more numerous and hang out with them on free range)
    and possibly 2 welsummer eggs, the ones in the bottom-middle of the photo (likely fathers probably the EE boy or the BLRW boy who hangs out with them, or the black copper marans that also hang out in their area)

some marans and cochins when I had them penned during a bobcat crisis (now we have an electric perimeter fence!)
    [​IMG]

some Ameraucana going to bed after playing all day in the mud (look at those dirty cheeks!)
    [​IMG]

If no one wants these, I'll be forced to put them in the incubator myself (I need help to stop my addiction!) I really do want to have some olive eggers, but I was just trying to hold myself back another month or two before the baby duties begin!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Wow, pretty eggs, and I bet they'll hatch some nice birds. Wish I had another broody so I could get them... Good luck!

5. TinyBirds

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks so much Jossanne! That's such an adorable picture of the polish on your shoulder. Is it a white polish? I have a buff laced polish girl that my 5-yr old daughter wants me to put in with a naked-neck bantam we just got off craigslist. Wow - wouldn't those babies be wild! Now that she planted that thought-seed, we might just have to do it.

6. katheria

katheria Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    i may have asked before LOL but i forgot

what area of texas are u in?

7. TinyBirds

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    near Austin [​IMG]

8. carladababe

carladababe Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Dixon, Missouri
    Beautiful eggs. I will have four Americana chicks with my order due this February 23rd, I can't hardly wait. Do you sell these colored eggs and are they popular?[​IMG]

9. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    I keep seeing all these eggs I want, but my bator is full! [​IMG]

Of course, I have the Mini that only holds up to 7. It was supposed to keep me out of trouble, but I have a feeling that it will be running non-stop. [​IMG]

10. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    hello... i know these eggs are from LF, but i am wondering... what kind of bantams do you have? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by