Pretty girl,not laying,,,lol

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by flash5153, Aug 18, 2010.

1. flash5153

flash5153 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    We can her Paris Hilton,,, most mature chicken out of 9 we have. Full comb ,,,and not a feather out of place. I have a strong feeling she is NOT one of the girls that are laying.
    They are all almost 16 weeks old. I am getting 3 eggs a day now.I have seen others in the boxes laying an egg and they do not have full combs.
    Will she come around and start laying???

Here is Paris:
    [​IMG]

And some of the other girls:
    [​IMG]

2. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    16 wks is still pretty early to expect eggs, generally pullets start laying around 20 wks, sometimes earlier, sometimes later. It all depends on the chicken. She looks close, a few more weeks and I bet you'll start seeing eggs.

ETA: I did say 'she', but you might want to post some pictures on the "Breed/Gender' Thread to make sure 'she' is not a 'he'.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  3. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    From what I can see of the others it might be one of them that is not laying, they don't look as mature as Paris. Can you post pics of your other girls?

4. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I have one of those!! My prettiest girl, Hershey, and she has NO DESIRE to lay .. or even celebrate with the others when THEY lay .. I think it's "beneath her" .. [​IMG]

5. flash5153

flash5153 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Quote:I thought the same thing but ,,Paris sure does look alot like all the other girls.Here's another pic of Paris and the others. They are golden comets ,,all about 16 weeks old.
    BTW,,I am getting 3 eggs a day but I dont believe paris is one of the girls laying eggs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by