Pretty impressed :)

menkot

Songster
15 Years
Jun 1, 2007
big_smile.png

I candled my eggs today. They have had a rough time. My son hit something on the surge protector and it turned it off. Luckily I caught it but it did cool down to about 78 degrees. My daughter was watching it yesterday while i took my baby girl to the dr. She accidentally turned it up rather than down. When I got home it was up to 104.9 degrees but not for very long I don't think... probably only 20-30 minutes. I was very afraid. We saw the eyeball in 13/14 eggs. In most of them the chick was wiggling around very well. The one egg that is iffy is darker and bigger than the others. It has a thicker shell. I think I can see the chick but not sure.

I am pretty impressed even if the one is bad! These are shipped eggs.

Thank you jmhappycowboy! Good job on the shipping. Now hurry up 2 more weeks lol.

Thank you countrygirlcleelum for the incubator. It is working GREAT!!

Last edited:
I am hatching blue and blue buff X orpingtons. All the eggs James sent got here without even a scratch and were all fertile.
smile.png

Those should be nice chicks
smile.png

I don't have Orpingtons, but do admire them.
Lol, I did something similar with recently. I had 3 bators going and one was reading a smidge high and one was reading a smidge low --- I turned the high one up and the low one down. I caught it pretty quick and fixed it. It was an 'Oh Starch!' moment. One bator was reading (air temp at egg height) 103 and the other was reading 97.
The eggs hatched just fine.
Good luck!
smile.png

Lisa

Quote:
I have hatched blue Orps in that bator...funny! I never hatched blue Orps from James, now Im jealous
lol.png
Looks like you caught them in time if they are still wiggling. I have had that happen before. I cant wait to hear about the hatch. I bet your kids are excited.

Back
Top Bottom