PRETTY JAM GOOD - Private Preserving Group Classes

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by vfem, Jul 13, 2011.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    That's right, now you can throw a JAM PARTY where you & 4 of your friends can learn the ins and outs of making and canning simple fruit jams in your own kitchen.

We travel to YOU and do this in your own clean kitchen. So schedule this for the comfort of your own home (if you would like to do this for a church group, mom's group, ect with another location we can do that too!)

We bring all required materials for this class, including jars, bowls, utensils & fruit. There are material hand outs with everything we cover in the class, plus recipes to try at home after the class. We answer all your questions, its all hands on and you aren't required to buy anything to bring with you to this class unlike other classes offer out there.

Its a simple course using the water bath method so any true beginner can handle it. Its 2 hours long (plus 30 minutes for prep time & 30 minutes for clean up... I will need 3 hours).

This fun course is laid back, and really meant to be a good time for you and your girl friends. This could be just PERFECT as a wedding plan for you, the bride, and her bridesmaids to get together & learn to do this, and then make your very own original wedding favors! Maybe you and some neighbors are planting your first garden, and you want to make sure you are ready to tackle preserving your own harvest.

Wonderful jam making & canning have become a lost art... now is a great and FUN time to relearn it & pass it down through the generations again.

**Please contact me for details, we will customize this class for your group & situation. The $150 covers everything for up to 5 people in the course, its an additional $25 per person if you would like to invite more people. Classes are available on Week nights, Friday nights, Saturday afternoons, Saturday evenings & Sunday afternoons.**

Special situations like extremely large groups can be covered too long as you provide the space, such as a church kitchen in your community for enough space for everyone. Discounts are also available for large groups.

So please feel free to contact me with your needs & ideas and we can plan a special JAM PARTY just for you & your friends! We set up an initial meeting, which is free, to go over what is included with the class, location information, and any specific themes your group would like. Meetings are free, but once a class is scheduled a deposit is required.

2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    are you limited to a certain area? I'm in maine,that would be a long ways to travel for $150

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    lol... yeah, we're limited to NC mainly Wake, Johnston and Harnett counties. If I could make that drive for ya I would. [​IMG]

4. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Quote:You should consider teaching others to start this business to, so they can do it in their areas... You could teach them online, like with videos... Then us in MO can do it to.... [​IMG]

5. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I had someone ask me to set something up for them as a private video show just for their needs... then they'd pay for the videos for each additional class. They would send a list of questions and you get to address their individual questions as you teach the class. I liked the idea, I'm thinking about it.... I'm just very bad on video I think! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by