Pretty little crossbreed roo!

Godiva

Crowing
16 Years
May 17, 2007
Colorado
I crossed a black silkie roo with BB mille fleur d'uccles. (the only ladies that would give him the time of day
big_smile.png
) What I got are the cutest little crosses, with supersweet temperaments! All the pullets are mostly pitch black, five toed, feathered feet to some degree or the other, crested, bearded and muffs, big dark silkie eyes, smooth feathers (super soft to the touch! A delight to touch and pet) black skin. THey are only about 18 weeks old but seem to be smaller than a pure silkie and a little larger than the BBMFD hens. All the pullets have a tiny bit of colour (some red and on others a little white lacing) on the hackles area. THey all started out pitch black. THe roo is growing in all kinds of very pretty red and gold and I think he is going to be absolutely gorgeous when he is full grown. He is also a sweetheart, very tame and calm. THought I would share a few pics of him to warm your hearts. I am wondering what colours I will get if I cross them back to each other... but he hasn't figured out exactly how to deal with all his ladies yet so that will have to wait. Here is Little Red Prince Zane. Oh and he has a single comb with what I think are called side sprigs? And the colour of the comb is not red and not mulberry, a mix...
smile.png
surprise

2195_04-07-09_1245.jpg

2195_04-14-09_1140.jpg

2195_04-14-09_1142.jpg

2195_04-14-09_1141.jpg
And that is one and a half of the pullets just for fun...

You will get all kinds of weird things. Really. It woud be several generations of selecting for whichever things you want before you have any semblence of continuity in your breeding.

In your F2 cross youll probably see genes you have no idea were there. My understanding is that that is the generation where all the hidden genes and various combinations really make themselves known.

Yeah, I know that it would be really hard to make them constant in looks... just thought it was rather fun... I think they are gorgeous little birds and they also make great pets. We'll see if they inherit the silkie broodiness too! If I can figure out the space issues I might let them cross again and see what fun surprises we get. It never ceases to amaze me the complexity of genetics and all the possibilities that lie within each group of birds. Very fascinating stuff I must say!

Back
Top Bottom