1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pretty nails on a red hen

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gdansie, Jun 10, 2016.

1. gdansie

gdansie New Egg

Jun 10, 2016
    Just joined after months of lurking. My sweet daughter and I raised a few chicks last fall. Here is our little red hen. She had her first pedicure last night with my daughter's help. Love the pink toenails![​IMG]

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!

Aww...she is cute! I don't think any of my birds would sit long enough for a nail painting. LOL She looks like she is coming back for a comb styling too! Ha!

Thanks for sharing! Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our flock! :)

3. gdansie

gdansie New Egg

Jun 10, 2016
    Thanks Two Crows! I am a 50 yo dude who just married dear wife 3.5 years ago. I grew up with a few bad chicken experiences as a child. Decided to try again after reading about BYC for several months. My new 16 yo stepdaughter has helped me raise 4 wonderful chicks. We started last September. 2 black sex links, a rir, and a barred rock. They are my joy. Spend every day taking care of them and thinking about them. Love my new wife and kids a little more. Thanks for letting me post.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Congrats on the recent marriage! Sounds like you have your life in order and chickens topped it off!!

Enjoy all your babies!! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. SueT

SueT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Cute! I'll have to try nail painting with with my granddaughter on her favorite chicken....
    In Diamond MO, they have a 'chicken pageant' every Sept. as part of their 'Gem City Days'. Yours could definitely be a beauty queen....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. mjh2032

mjh2032 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2016
    gdansie,

I never considered painting the chickens nails! I am fairly certain none of them would sit still long enough. I am having a hard enough time trying to get pictures for the online chicken show thread haha

Maria

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Cute nails but be careful with colors like pink/red... chickens have a tendency to pick at that sort of color and we don't want her toes getting picked at! Maybe try a more neutral color next time, like blue or green... maybe purple even.

1 person likes this.
  8. gdansie

gdansie New Egg

Jun 10, 2016
    Thanks for the welcome! Beauty pageant?!? Too funny!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You beat me again Queen Misha, the first thing I thought of was no pink or red polish.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    2or 3 years ago, a Bycer's silkie was ring bearer at someone's wedding. She was dyed with harmless hot pink dye (bride-to- be requested it) and later wore a rhinestone tiara. She was a sensation and because she was totally chill hen, the guests, etc. didn't upset her at all.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by