Pretty new at this in southern Indiana

Justus4chickens

In the Brooder
Nov 26, 2017
Hello there, we are pretty new to this chicken keeping and are now down to one lonely in due to a dog attack today taking out the other two. Pretty heartbreaking. Concerned for my soul remaining chicken being alone for the first time in her life and am considering putting radio into the coop and playing it low. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts about this? Thank you.

PLAY SOMETHING MELLOW..:)
band2.gif

Sorry about your loss. I hope this will turn the frown upside down..:hugs

G’Day from down under Justus4chickens :frow Welcome!

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss and that your little girl is now all alone :(

I have tried a radio in the coop to try and quieten down a particularly noisy/demanding chicken and it appeared to work. The girls did seem to enjoy hanging in the coop a bit longer than usual.

I agree that finding her at least one new friend ASAP is probably the best option.

I have had to do this in the past when down to one chicken and I took the risk of waiving quarantine and introduced a friend. Because they were both alone, they appeared to forgo the whole 'new chicken' pecking order business and appeared to be happy just to have someone for company.

If you don't plan to get more chickens, you could make her a house chicken. Check out thread "people with house chickens." Some birds really blossom as house pets, and humans become their flock.

Back
Top Bottom