Pretty proud of my new mini fridge incubator

fduncan

Songster
7 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Northwest Colorado
Started with the small incu kit which didnt get to temp even though I'd done a test with a light bulb & had it up over 100* . With lot's of eggs coming I was in a rush to get it running . So I snagged the wafer off of my old Hovabator some fans off some old computer towers & wired up some light's . Rigged up a few egg turners & we're ready to go . It's holding temp pretty evenly on all the shelves so we're ready for the eggs ! Love the fact that I can now hatch out over a 100 egg's with a separate hatcher shelf & there's enough window space that all 3 kid's can watch eggs hatch ( big plus after using my hovabator )

celebrate.gif

lazy gardener

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Nov 7, 2012
CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
Care to share some more details? Ventilation holes, how many, size, where? Light bulb watt and placement? More than 2 bulbs? Fan placement? Thermostat model? Temp variation at corners and at middle, from top to bottom? How did you bleed off the freon?

fduncan

Songster
7 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Northwest Colorado
Thanks I'm pretty happy with it considering my building skills are minimal :)

And ventilation holes not sure on the size but I've got 2 on each side (bottom & mid way) 4 in the top 9 in the door ( row's of 3 midway top & bottom ) these are the size of my soldering iron . 2 60 watt bulbs placed about midway on the side with 3 computer fans above them 2 blowing down & 1 blowing up . Thermostat is a wafer I snagged off my 1602n hovabator that will someday be replaced with a digital . No big cold spots that I've found the shelves very by a few points but all are between 99* & 100* . As for the freon it was drained when I got it :)

vbhsfi

Hatching
May 17, 2015
Good job! I personally use a normal mini fridge because it works perfectly. They come pretty cheap too! I found a few different ones to choose from based on price and reviews from here your interested http://goo.gl/tVDXwW

fduncan

Songster
7 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Northwest Colorado
Thanks :) this was a normal mini fridge that had died on my dad so free ( big plus lol) .

Running for about 36 hours now & the temps are staying nice & steady on all the shelves :)

Top Bottom