pretty roosters POST YOUR PICS

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by greeneggs444, Jul 5, 2011.

1. greeneggs444

greeneggs444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

2. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Here are some of my pretty boys.
    Buford
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Flo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I dont own this one anymore, he was to mean to the ladys. I wish i could have kept him tho hes so regal looking. His name was yang.
    [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oops. Pretty roo but not the one I was after. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meet Swiffer

[​IMG]

This one is Ironhide

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  4. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    [​IMG]

5. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    this is my buff orp roo Yinson

[​IMG]

and my banty roo Scrappy

[​IMG]

they are sweet boys ( most of the time [​IMG] )

6. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Tis is Penguin with his brother Lindy in the back. We no longer have Lindy. He was too rough with the girls and became mean to Peng which is a much better rooster
    [​IMG]
    and this is my bantam cochin Hop Sing
    [​IMG]

7. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Here's my big boy Romeo
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  8. andalusn

andalusn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Ridgefield, WA
    Brabanter
    [​IMG]

Jersey Giant x Gold Laced Wyandotte

[​IMG]

9. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    What pretty roo's everyone!
    I think everyone needs a rooster....they tend to be very loving.
    Here are my boys....
    Artek
    I no longer have him. When we went to integrate our coops, he nearly killed our favorite rooster. He had lived with his brother, Atlas in the big bird coop. (More about him in a moment) Three other roosters(more on them as well) grew up together in the little bird coop. Artek was very sweet and very gentleman like when it came to the ladies and the people. We miss him.
    [​IMG]
    Atlas
    The meanest roo I've ever had. If you needed to catch him for any reason, he would do these crazy Matrix moves off the walls. He wasn't terrible when you got a hold of him....but he wasn't happy at all. The hens plucked all of his feathers out of his butt...they hated him. He found a home where he was an only roo with minimal human interaction. Suits him. He was a sweet baby bird....but something snapped in him and no more Mr. Neck Snuggles.
    [​IMG]
    Scoops
    I no longer have him. When we integrated coops, he fought real bad with the big hens. He would have been killed by Lenore or Poe if he didn't stop...so he found a home with a nice lady who was afraid of roosters, but he changed her mind. He was a very sweet boy. He is Gamma's brother.
    [​IMG]
    Gamma
    The brother of Scoops. The ever vigilant roo. He's great to the ladies, the people, the chicks, the teenagers.
    [​IMG]
    Last but mos def not least, my darling Roo Boy! Yes there is favoritism here....but he's more of a pet than anything. He was almost killed by Artek and that was the worst thing ever. He lived in my room for 2 weeks while he recovered. Our first bonding moment was when he was attacked by a mean buff silkie hen I had, I picked him up to get him out of the fight and he looked right at me and did this "heh heh heh!" Kinda like gasp gasp gasp. Since then, he's been my best bud. He knows his name and all that good stuff. When you scratch his back, he kicks one foot out and rolls over so you can rub his belly....shortly thereafter he passes out. He also lost the majority of his toes to frost bite. No one else had any problems over the winter, but this little booted guy just had a hard time.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for looking at my pictures, I know you didn't ask for stories! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Biscuit the Terror (rescue #2)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rest in Peace to Pops and his girl Peeps (very first rescues)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by