1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pretty sure a chicken was attacked.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Cohl0406, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Cohl0406

Cohl0406 Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2014
    They have their own enclosed area to keep our big dogs away but I think a cat jumped the fence into their enclosure. I have an Easter egger cockrell about 4 months old that is now missing feathers all around his neck but no visible bite marks. He is just standing around and doesn't run off when I try to pick him up like he normally does. He won't open one eye either. When I set him back down he just lays there. I have a silkie roo but he's smaller than my EE. Could he have done that damage? I'm going to rehome me EE and I got bird netting and I started putting it over the top of the fence I have them in to prevent cats if that's what Happened. I'm worried about him will he be okay? there's zero blood that I can find on him or the white silkie to think they got into it too bad. It happened during the day they get locked up in coops at night.

2. Animal-lover101

Animal-lover101 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2015
    I'm not very experienced with this chicken stuff but maybe a wild bird?

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Plastic bird netting will not keep cats out of your run. . . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by