1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pretty sure this isnt in the right place but...

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by watchdogps, Jul 27, 2011.

1. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I didnt know where to post this. I have a couple questions about the for sale/auction part. Is there a way to put up an offer to trade, not just auction off? Is there a way to post for sales, but not auction them off? I know I have seen some that look like sales but not sure how that works

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

For sales, it gives you the option for a "Buy It Now" rather than Auction when you post it. As far as trades, not sure how others go about it, but I'd guess they do a Buy It Now and put "Trade" in the subject line or something similar.

3. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Ok, and do you have the option to not sell if the home is not suitable?

4. speckledhen

Quote:Ok, you have confused me now. Home? You were talking about a house?

5. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Ok, you have confused me now. Home? You were talking about a house?

Do you mean like selling an adult bird, but after seeing the person/getting vibes not wanting them to go to a bad owner? Idk.

6. speckledhen

Thank you, maybe that's the meaning. Somehow, that didn't register, LOL. If so, you can put any restrictions on your ad that you like. I often put that I would like to see pics of where the bird will be living, if that is what you're talking about.

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Do you mean you want the option to NOT conclude the transaction if you don't think the bird(s) will have a good home?

Yes, you can suddenly back out of a trade/sale if you get the heebie-jeebies............ but the result will be very negative feedback and response from buyers & traders. Before long, you'll not have anyone to do business with. As a buyer and seller, I can tell you that canceling a transaction at the last minute makes me raise and eybrow and avoind that person.

You might feel more comfortable with your local Craig's List, where you can talk to buyers on the phone or in person.

8. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
  9. speckledhen

To avoid negative feedback, you'd best ask to see the home or pics of it before they hit the Buy It Now button. Most BYC folks will be happy to send you pictures of their coop and pen. As Sally said, if you back out, you do risk negative feedback.

10. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Thanks all! I was actually talking about puppies, LGD puppies. I just cannot sell a puppy to anyone who wants to buy it, but I'd like to be able to let people know about them. On that note, could there be a "classifieds" area, where for sale listings are allowed but they arent an auction?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by