price for bobwhite eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by patti'speeps, May 7, 2011.

1. patti'speeps

patti'speeps Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2010
    Greensburg, Indiana
    Hey everyone, we live in central Indiana and are raising Bobwhite Quail and ringneck pheasant. My incubator is currently almost full and am in need of selling some eggs. My question is this: I'm not sure what to charge for Quail or the Pheasant eggs. If anyone has a good price range for the eggs I would really appreciate it. I've got 500 eggs in the incubator right now and am almost to capacity, lol. I love my birds!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Riffecreek

Riffecreek Chukar Junky

May 29, 2010
    Dunnville, Ky.
    I have bought nothern bobwhite eggs for as little as $25 a hundred when taking 300 or more.. and paid as much as $30 for 2 dozen shipped for the bigger birds.. just depends on what they are and how many I take at once.

As for ringnecks, $4 and up per dozen is about the going rate unless you want to move a bunch.. then you'll have to let go of them a little cheaper. also depends on what type of ringnecks.

I buy both off and on throughout the season, so if you need to move some pretty quick, pm me a price and we'll go from there!

3. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    for hatching eggs for bobs I get $1 /egg or $10 /dz it is the going rate here , it's kina strange too we have a lot of breeders here [​IMG]

4. Ga.chickenman

Ga.chickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Vidalia
    I bought 100 bobwhite eggs yesterday for $20.00,down here we have an poultry sale 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month.Pheasants were selling for $6-$8 a doz.

5. Riffecreek

Riffecreek Chukar Junky

May 29, 2010
    Dunnville, Ky.
    Ga.chickenman :

I bought 100 bobwhite eggs yesterday for $20.00,down here we have an poultry sale 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month.Pheasants were selling for $6-$8 a doz.

The $25 a hundred bobs I get come from you neck of the woods.. Can't remember the farm name, but got their phone # wrote down! Must be a lot of quail breeders in that area..​

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Ga.chickenman :

BE VERY WARY AND SKEPTICAL BUYING HATCHING EGGS AT AUCTION. MANY DO SELL GOOD SURPLUS EGGS... BUT MORE SELL OLD EGGS THEY CANNOT OR DO NOT WANT TO MOVE THROUGH THEIR BUSINESS​

7. Ga.chickenman

Apr 15, 2009
    Vidalia
    Be buying all types of eggs here for the past 2-3 yrs. haven't been disapointed yet. 80 to 100% Do Hatch!! (just lucky I guess).

8. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Then You Have A Good Supplier There... Some Folks Arent That Lucky

9. Ga.chickenman

Apr 15, 2009
    Vidalia
    Just good ol boys tring to make a buck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by