Price for pair????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by JustMarie, May 20, 2011.

1. JustMarie

JustMarie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2010
    NE Georgia
    Well it's come down to i have to sell my breeding pair of mallard ducks. I'm starting school this summer and wont have time to take care of them. I'm very heart broken by this but it's best for them. I'm just not for sure on the price, most adult mallard ducks i've saw for sale run for $20.00 each???? I'm not for sure if that's too much or too low. I did buy mine from TSC last spring and their twice the size of wild mallards. So the question is, can they be priced too much or too low??????

2. DuckyMom

DuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Are you sure theyre mallards? If they are that large, then it sounds like theyre rouens. I dont know much about pricing, but 20.00 each isn't too bad.

Emily

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    $20 each sounds a bit closer to show bird price and not hatchery bird price. But prices vary by area.

Try looking on Craigslist to see what other people in your area re asking.

4. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Adult ducks run $20-25 around hear.

5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Round my way your looking at $10 each.

6. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    i would also say they are rouen as well we bought some from t.s.c an that is what they are they told us mallards but there not can you post pics.around here rouens run around 10-15$

7. JustMarie

JustMarie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2010
    NE Georgia
    Thanks for all the replys. I've looked at ducks around here and their going from $15-$25. I think their mallards, i only have 1 pic of my hen and it's from last year, not a very good one either but i'll give it a try. How do you upload pics into a post????????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by