1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Price of Postage Going Up Again

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by greenfamilyfarms, Jul 7, 2010.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=12758277

Stamps
    will be 46 cents starting in January. Also, "Consumers everywhere will pay more for the letters and packages they need to send; businesses - large and small - will suffer, and even more jobs will be lost," complained Conway, who was designated spokesman for the Affordable Mail Alliance, a coalition of businesses, charities and other mailers formed to oppose the increase."

Wonder how much will be increase by this time?

2. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    [​IMG]

3. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Songster

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    [​IMG]

One of these days, Alice. Straight to the moon!!

4. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Songster

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    The price of gas fluctuates dramatically these days. With a small business and a farm it can mean quite a few dollars difference between one week to the next. In comparison, the increase in the price of postage is minuscule. The post office pays the gasoline prices the same as you and me and less and less mail actually goes through the post office as more and more of us online banking and bill paying. I guess I have to ask, why is it a surprise that they have to raise postal rates? It's still the cheapest and best way for a small business to ship.

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Exactly, but we have to be prepared to dish out a few extra bucks when we ship out eggs and such starting next year.

6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Quote:Although the quantity of postage stamps being purchased may be lower, the overall increase in business due to the internet has to outweigh that. The postal service has added millions to its income since the inception of EBAY, Amazon.com and the other online shopping websites.

7. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    I wouldn't mind postage increasing if service increased apace. It hasn't.

8. Well, they have to pay for doing UPSs job for them somehow...

(reference to previously posted topic)

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Usually you pay more for better service.... nuff said, I don't want anyone going "postal" on me.

10. As it is we're the "overtime route"... very very rare to see the same postman/woman two days in a row... ours is the route you take when you want extra hours... meaning we get our mail as late as 9pm... and on the very odd occasion 9am... I'm not sure what they do when no one wants OT... those are prolly the days when we get no mail, not even junk mail.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: