1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Price on Disbudding Goats in Southern California

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Estephanie, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Estephanie

Estephanie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2013
    Riverside, CA
    So im a first time goat mom and have no idea where to go or how much its going to cost to have them disbudded :/ Ive seen videos and want to see it be done at least once before I attempt so ill know what to look for while doing it. Any advice is welcomed :)

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Go to adga.org. That is the American Dairy Goat Association web site. See if they will give you a list of breeders in your area. With a few phone calls you ought to be able to find someone to help. There are a lot of goat breeders in southern California.

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Oh, I forgot to mention this. Get a copy of the Caprine Supply catalog. I think you can find them on line. If memory serves I think the catalog describes the process. You can also PM me and I can tell you what you need to know. Also, if you tell me exactly where you are I can get a friend of mine who is a current member of ADGA to give me some names of some people near you who would help if asked.

4. WillowRunRanch

WillowRunRanch Out Of The Brooder

I like the Caprine Supply website. They have a section called "Helpful Information." They have a lot of very useful articles including one on disbudding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by