price

me personally, since I mainly am going to be selling for hatching eggs, if it was me i'd charge the same price I do for hatching as i would for eating which is .50 an egg. May seem hefty to some, but my theory on it is, unless you sell them boiled you can't guarrentee what they do with the eggs or if you don't care and dont mind the price gouge then i'd say half of the price for hathcing for eating. But yeah anyone locally that wants to buy eating from me has to pay the same price lol. My aunt is coming over from MD to buy eggs from me here soon for eating eggs in the resturant she works in..she told me to charge her full price and I am lol. Tho if i twas coming from her pocket her being famiy i ofcourse wouuld have halfed that.

I've heard of some people charging $12 per dozen since quail eggs are an Asian delicacy they sell them in an Asian farmers market or to restaurants. But around here no one would pay that price for them so I am thinking of selling mine for around $2.50 to $3 per dozen (that is the high end price for chicken eggs around here most farmers only charge $1.00 per dozen)...

But I agree with monarc you have no clue if they will try to hatch them SOOO I plan on having a pen with Females only so I know they are not fertile so I don't have to worry about what they plan to do with the eggs...
gig.gif
They will either eat them like they stated when purchased or they will make some really funky smelling eggs trying to incubate them... of course I won't have this separate pin set up for a while we are in the process of getting a new house (just found out last week we have to move) So my incubator can't have anymore eggs added... and right now I just want to get a good breeding stock estabolished... I have a ton of customers lined up to buy quail to eat and I'm sure people will want the eggs as well... Until then any extra eggs that don't get in the bator my kiddos chow down on... my hens can't lay them fast enough!

Quote:
haha you are too much! Well if i EVER do get the first one you sent I'll let you know and about sending me the second one woohoo! I can't wait to set it all up! Im sure i'll have to bug you with questions once i do get it
big_smile.png
if the first one ever comes back to you let me know too im really curious what happened to it?
idunno.gif

I agree with monarc, I would charge the same price regardless of what they are planning on doing with them. I saw a thread on here a few months ago about the same thing, only involving chickens eggs instead. One person said that someone that had bought 'eating' eggs was bragging about how cheap they were getting a marans flock!! So unless you do like CrimsonRose said (which is a very good idea, one I have thought of myself!), I would charge the same. Mine are $4-$5 regardless of the intent, about $.35-.40 per egg.

Last edited:
Bobwhite Quail people I know will sell for hatching in may for $.35 an egg!! so like $4.20 a dozen!! and so I want to get on there list, they sell birds for $3 and pheasants 18 wks for $10.. GPN

Back
Top Bottom