Priceless Chicken Moments +Video on pg. 2!+

lau.gif

The dog is there to save the day!

Does anyone else have any PCM's (Priceless Chicken Moments) to share? I'm sure we could all use another laugh!
lau.gif

Yesterday Stan had a bout with Cub Cadet, the riding lawnmower. The stately rooster regards the loud, grass spitting machine his nemesis. He'll stand right in the way and dare Cub Cadet to make him move. When I guide the machine toward him he'll do the upright manly retreat as if he were planning to move in that direction any way. When I turn machine around he'll crow like mad. So, I come around and have another try at him. Stan retreats with his head high and tail down. Waving the Japanese beetles out of my face, I accidentally turn the mower so he's sprayed with grass.

Irritated, Stan crows as loud as he can. At that moment a Japanese beetle slams into his face. Astonished, he stares at me, and drops his shoulder in challenge. Oh, it was on! I readied the lawnmower for a charge, but the Japanese beetles were ahead of me. Another shimmering beetle landed neatly on his comb. Then a three inch long grasshopper lands on his back. I throttle back the lawnmower to see what happens.

Stan shakes his head to remove the beetle but it clings to him in the manner of a beetle. The giant grass hopper moves along his back. Horrified, my 'brave' rooster squeals like a chick and races toward me. He stops a few feet from the lawnmower and squats. He peers at me from between the beetle's legs. The giant grasshopper proceeds to munch on a feather.

I hop off the mower to rescue my poor rooster. I pick him up and flick the grasshopper off his back. Then I carefully pried the clinging beetle from his face.

"Your are supposed to be a companion for the horse," I tell him.

He clucks a low sound at me. I put him down. He looks at me and makes his way to the barn. He clucks and cackles to himself the entire way.

Oh my goodness oldchick. :lau Stan needs a book.

ETA: Truly he does, as someone else had the thought at the same time!

Last edited:
I am laughing at the chicken stories! The wardrobe failure was great...and Stan...what a guy! (I could sell you a really nice goat that would LOVE your horse!)

I have a little partridge cochin named Tommy and he is a celebrity in my town; well, in WI in general. He has attended our chickenstocks and has been asked to return...and he will! His very favorite thing to do is sit with me in my chair and drink sherry! I thought of it now because I am having a glass and I hear him crowing in the basement. (I bet he knows!) He loves to go to town with me and visit the ladies at the bank and the feed store. I think he helps me sell my eggs! He was a favorite at our county fair and did have several purchase offers. He is a true celebrity!
Terri O

I am laughing at the chicken stories! The wardrobe failure was great...and Stan...what a guy! (I could sell you a really nice goat that would LOVE your horse!)

I have a little partridge cochin named Tommy and he is a celebrity in my town; well, in WI in general. He has attended our chickenstocks and has been asked to return...and he will! His very favorite thing to do is sit with me in my chair and drink sherry! I thought of it now because I am having a glass and I hear him crowing in the basement. (I bet he knows!) He loves to go to town with me and visit the ladies at the bank and the feed store. I think he helps me sell my eggs! He was a favorite at our county fair and did have several purchase offers. He is a true celebrity!
Terri O

That's cool, he is an icon!

All these rooster stories make me want one of my own! Which is bad, because the neighbors would NOT be happy about that!
ep.gif

He likes to join you for happy hour, huh? That's pretty funny.
lol.png
Just remember, you're not supposed to give chickens too much alchohol, as their little systems have a difficult time processing it.
Just a chicken tip for ya! I read that in Chickens for Dummies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom