Priceless

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by HollyKMS, Oct 20, 2009.

1. HollyKMS

HollyKMS Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2009
    Felida WA
    Bantam Welsummer pullet $10
    Eye infection / vet trip / meds $83.
    Being avoided, pecked on, reviled, skwaked at, poop upon by bird you're helping -Priceless.

2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Quote:Eggs from said chicken at 2.50 per dozen ......................now that is Priceless!!!!

3. blckbrnfamly

blckbrnfamly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    Southeast, Arizona
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Box of day-old chicks - $40
    The equipment & feed to raise them - $400
    Watching DD give a poultry presentation - Priceless!

5. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Isn't that the way it goes. I just spent 20 minutes trying to chase/capture a baby Mille Cochin chick toward its squawking mom in the pen and it wasn't cooperating. Not the brightest egg in the nest I guess.

6. HollyKMS

Oct 7, 2009
    Felida WA
    "There are things money can't buy (THE RESPECT OF A CHICKEN), but for everything else, there's debit MC"

7. HollyKMS

Oct 7, 2009
    Felida WA
    Fudgie- HA! Well, these eggs would be bantam-sized (IF they ever lay an egg!) so I don't know if that'd go for $2.50/doz [​IMG] Here in Portland area, a dozen farm eggs start at $3 and I have 1 silly friend that's paying $8/dozen! =X

Plus I had a person tell me the other day that some banties never lay eggs =/ -O Great.

Chickenmaven- OMG- It takes $400 to raise 40 chicks?! Thank god I only have 4. (Based on your numbers, that should mean I'll only have to spend $40 but I'm so far past that, it's ridiculous!) What do you end up doing with all the roos?

Fasbendera- HA! I feel stupid being outmaneuvered by a 1.2# bird but it happens. All the time. Buggers. [​IMG] The expression should be "it's like herding chickens" rather than "it's like herding cats" :

8. bigoakhunter

bigoakhunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Michigan
    $653 for materials for coop and run....

Most of my spare time for a month building them.....

Several cuts and a smashed finger building them.....

The joy of neighbor helping me build it and spending time doing something I love, along with everybody calling me the "Chicken King" = priceless

9. randomchick

randomchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Prescott, Ontario
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by