Prices for Birds?

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by Dr. Todd, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Can some of you more experience folks tell me what the various ornamental waterfowl breeds sell for? I've been shopping for birds but the prices are all over the place. [​IMG] How about swans and geese too?
    DT

2. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    marble teal 50 / ringed teal, reg mandarins, reg woodduck, pintails, cinnamon teal, fulvous treeduck 60 /redcreasted pochard 70 / bluewing teal rosybilled pochard 75 / black belly, am widgeon , greenwing 80 / cape teal , whiteeye pochard ,european widgeon 100 / white faced treeduck, silver bahama,125 / white manderin european shelducks 150 / paradise shelducks, falcated 200 /white woodduuck radjah shelducks 250/ baikal 400 / smew, bufflehead 500/.australian shelducks 600/ mute swans 900 redbreasted geese 1200 black swan 1400 blacknecked swan 2000 first year adult bird prices Yes some prices vary but this is what I find the standard in the fall (best time to buy so you get great stock after that its questionable) Need more?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  3. Mike L.

Mike L. Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2011
    Mr. Duck, you actually have all of these waterfowls? WOW!!!!! I can only dream!!! Falcateds for $200??? Maybe one day. What is your favorite duck, Mr. Duck???

Hey Dr. Todd, what kind of waterfowl, swans and geese do you keep???

4. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
  5. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    No Mike I have most of these though but not all. My Baikals and greenwing teal are probably my favorites as of what I have now, But one day I want whats in my avatar. My son's favorite are our am. wideons and shovelers .(Whoops left them out of the line up.80 [​IMG] Hard to really have one favorite cause I love them all. There are people on here that have twice what I have. [​IMG] I have about 80 birds now.

6. Dr. Todd

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks Destiny for the help with prices, looks like I'll have to save my pennies! Do you know anything about prices for stellar eiders or torrent river ducks? They are SHARP and I have a dog run that's in the shade that would probably work for them. [​IMG]

Mike:We have a nice flock of coscoroba swans, too many actually...we eat the eggs so no more hatch! They are fun to watch and they have such a beautiful call. When I hear it I imagine I'm in their native habitat in Africa! Other than that we have some harlequin ducks (not the super fancy ones destiny likes, it was a HOOT when they told me the difference [​IMG] ) and I feed lots of stray cats.

DT

7. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Those are out of my league DT and I dont think but 1or 2 places in the U.S. have the torrents. Beautiful and amazing ducks though.I saw a special on TV awhile back on them. Are you not in Canada? I dont know how that works for shipping and/or quarintine animals between countries. Might be hard and/or expensive. Hopefully Ill have a bunch of ducks for sale this fall.

8. J3172

J3172 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Aren't Coscoroba Swans from south america, not africa!

9. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:There are from South America- but I agree with Dr Todd, when they start honking, it makes me think I'm on a safari.

10. Dr. Todd

Nov 9, 2010
    Boy do I feel like a dummy! South America of course! I've been knitting a sweater all day (its COLD here [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ), the repetition must have scrambled my brain.

So I take it I should set my sights lower on ducks since the two I REALLY want are big bucks? What about white-headed ruddy ducks? They're CUTE! [​IMG]

Thanks for all the help BYC friends. [​IMG]

DT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by