1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Prices of eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickfever, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    How much do you sell your eggs for? What kind of eggs do you sell?

2. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    We have exotic pheasants that only lay seasonally and those eggs typically sell for around $4 each,the bantam breeds for $2 an egg,and the longtails in standard sizes also $2 an egg. When we are in full swing here we sometimes do mixes and specials at discounted prices. And when there is a shortage of eggs from the breed pens we often have waiting lists. We always charge flat rate shipping with insurance on the box regardless of the number of eggs inside.

3. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    I'll have buff orpington, light brahma, and SLW eggs for sale this fall. The eating kind, not hatching. I plan on selling them at work for $1.50 a dozen. Relatively cheap because everyone has been really good all summer long bringing me their empty egg cartons so I don't have to buy any...

4. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    i sell my eating eggs, $2.25 a doz. my girls aren't laying well in all this rain, so i have a huge waiting list and people aren't complaining if there's a small one in there.

the hatching eggs, i don't sell any more. it's easier for me to hatch them and sell it at my feedstore for $1.50 a chick then to package them, go to the post office, etc.

my friends RIR eggs, she sells them for $5 a doz.

when my blue marans start laying, i'll be selling those eggs for probably $30 a doz plus shipping. i'm assuming i'll have alot left over with that price. LOLOLOL

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

If you search, I think there is a thread about how much people sell their eggs for. I think that was for eating eggs though. I sell my eating eggs for $3 a dozen... which is cheap here considering cage free brown is like 4-5 bucks a dozen.

I sell my hatching eggs for pick up only at 50 cents an egg. They are mixed breeds though.

6. Rooster01

Rooster01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Southern WV
    Heres a long thread on prices of eggs. I sell mine for $1.50/doz.

Egg prices

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  7. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I was wondering about both eating and hatching eggs. I sell my eggs for $1 dozen but they go for $4 or $5 here for brown free range. Was wondering about hatching eggs for future reference in case I decided to buy some later.

Thanks everyone!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by