Prince George's County, MD

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Bradley, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Bradley

Bradley Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2010
    Hey all,

I'm helping to organize a new campaign to legalize hens in Prince George's County, Maryland. Check it out at www.pghens.com. Please pass along to anyone you know who lives in PG! (it borders Washington DC on the eastern side).

We also have an email list for people who want to get more involved. Please let me know if you'd like to help!

And thanks to the many BYC members who donated their photos for the website. it would not be nearly as cute without you [​IMG]

cluck cluck,
    Bradley

2. huntercf

huntercf Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    You could also put a posting on CL (sorry BYC, I think that this is an important part of the site, I don't mean to step on any toes) for local people to get involved, and definitely keep posting on BYC. Good Luck

3. cm006j

cm006j New Egg

Jul 5, 2014
    Hi, everyone! I'm new.

This is an old thread, but I was hoping someone might have some new information.

My husband and I are currently house hunting and will probably end up in Laurel (although maybe also Anne Arundel county). I really want to have a couple of chickens and I can't find any info about it in the Laurel municipal code!

4. bowman11

bowman11 New Egg

Dec 25, 2014
    I just saw your post. Where did you end up moving to?
    I've lived in Laurel for 15 years. I have hens. Not sure of the
    laws. I know you are allowed to have them in now in Anne Arundel county.

5. sasa2121

sasa2121 New Egg

Jun 2, 2015
    Hi, im new to this site and to having chickens. Does anyone know if it is legal to have chickens in Prince Georges County Md now? I don't see anything about it on the internet except from this site and everything seems to be 2-3 years old. Any changes or can anyone connect me to a link where the law is statded? thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by