Prince William And his wife

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm a fan of them.
tongue.png
And slightly disappointed that it wasn't a princess. But yay!

I am pleased that the baby is a boy because at least he will succeed without controversy. Believe it or not there are still some old reactionaries here who deplore the idea of a girl succeeding before her brother, should she be the eldest. Hopefully, by the time this little one's heirs succeed, people will accept that without question.

Whatever they name the baby I predict it won't be Kyle or Wayne, Cheyenne or Craig. George or James seem to be the front runners. James apparently is considered an unlucky name for the King although I don't know why? I would have thought that Charles was a fairly unlucky name as Charles ! was beheaded.

The news of a new prince was exciting to hear; and the new parents must be thrilled . . . . I shed a few tears remembering the tragic day Diana died and how I cried all day. William and Kate are living in the new dynasty that Diana could only create in death. I wish them well.

HRH Prince George of Cambridge, George Alexander Louis. I like it, very traditional and has a lot of meaning with it too. :)

I agree, good names all of them. Politically correct too as the late King George the Queen's father was a much loved King. Alexander is i think a reference to Scotland and the Union, which will be voted on by the people of Scotland next year, and of course Lord Louis Mountbatten of Burma, Prince Phillip's late uncle. I'm sure they chose the names that they liked but they have happy associations for the family and the people. Well done them!

Back
Top Bottom