Princess Wilamena laid her FIRST EGG... YEAH!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Buugette, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!!! That picture says it all: She is a princess and may I ask....did she lay that egg on a velvet cushion? [​IMG]

3. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    Congrats to you and the princess!!!!
    [​IMG]

4. Buugette

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Quote:She is actually standing on the back of an overstuffed chair in our sunroom. We keep it covered cause she loves that chair. What is so funny is that last night was her first night out in the new coop. She and my 4 silkies have been living in the sunroom and spending the days in the run. I finally got up the nerve to leave them out overnight and waaalaaa... she laid her first egg in the middle of the coop.

I didn't find it till tonight when I went out to get them and bring them in. I had a crappy day at work and just wanted to squeeze my babies... My husband thinks I am NUTS!

D

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  5. werecatrising

werecatrising Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    California
    Yay! Great picture, too!

6. LeghornLisa

LeghornLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Oh no, you are not nuts!! I lost 2 silkie roos this week and can't stop the tears even though they went to a good home. She is beautiful, enjoy!

7. Buugette

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    [​IMG] Oh, how sad. I am stressing over one roo right now. I live in a place that I can't have them... and Louise turned out to be a Louie... but he hasn't crowed yet. He is just about 15 weeks and not a peep yet. I'm hoping he never really crows... but I know that there is a 99.9% chance he will and then I will have to get rid of him. He is so sweet though.

D

8. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Congratulations to the Princess on the occasion of laying her first Egg!

I wish mine would lay - I don't have a sun room - I will have to see if I can make some "voila" magic too!
    Tadaaaa to the princess!
    Cal
    Jax FL

9. Buugette

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    I love my new sunroom... but I never in a million years thought that I would have 1 Polish Bantam and 4 Silkies spending time in there. I just love bringing them in and letting them run around and playing with them. I have pergo flooring in there... so very easy clean-up... but am looking into diapers. They are always trying to come into the family room... if they have a diaper, my hubby might not mind then. [​IMG]

D

10. Buugette

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    She just laid her second egg... 2 in 2 days... so cool. And what is best, I put them out in the coop and run all day... she laid her egg in the nest box... The eggs are so cute!

D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by