Prison Violence

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    I wish that is how it was but it's not. We def don't go in when it's only one deputy, it doesn't matter if there slicing each others gut out you wait for assistance.

But yeah I feel the same. I could care less if they beat the crap out of each other except that normally that means rolling someone out to the hospital. [​IMG] We have a full medical staff but they truly suck and send everyone to the hospital!! But that means leaving your shift short handed!! [​IMG]

It blows my mind how there are so many people out there care more for criminals than they do the public!! [​IMG] Wish more people thought like you do!! [​IMG]

3. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    My sister and her husband are corrections officers and it is absurd what the inmates "rights" are and what their's are. I hate that they both work in the prison but grateful to all that do, most peole don't realize what a stessful job that is

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I have personally worked for Corrections Corporation of America. I would not have left the control booth either. That was always the job of the Tactical Team and yard officers to break up fights unless the pod officers were right there and capable of doing so. Control booth officers are not to leave the control booth unsecured, per company policy. Control booth officers could only call for backup, and maintain CONTROL of the booth and thus the building, as that is who has push button control of every single door in the building. I see nothing wrong with this instance. Maybe there was another fight in another building, or escape attempt going on elsewhere that had the yard and or Tact Team officers responding late. Oh well if a guy got his butt kicked...he's in prison...my suggestion would be to stay out of prison in the first place and you won't have to worry about it. I'd be suprised if this incident was on purpose though. Inmates have more rights than the officers, and the officers KNOW where those cameras are...as do the inmates. Media is having a field day with it though, no?

5. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    After working in a mens maximum security prison for 8+ years, I would not go in that dorm with 3 officers. That fight could have been a diversion. You need to call for more help, gas grenades, foggers, and such. Some of those officers could not leave their duty posts. If they did the offenders could get contol of keys and doors and control rooms. The other offenders could have taken a responding officer hostage. Many more serious problems created by responding too quickly with too little show of force or too few back up. I would hope help was on the way, called by radio or phone.

However administration should be looked hard at for putting this offender back where he had snitched. Big NO NO in the prison code of honor among theives. He should have been kept in protective custody or transferred off unit.

I agree with you Redhen we should just let them sort it out, but that is not what you get paid the big bucks for. [​IMG]

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

"Pevar blames the violence on CCA and the former warden, Phillip Valdez, who was head of the prison when Elabed was attacked."

ONLY a lawyer would blame the guard, the company, the warden, the sky.... Rather than the prisoners doing the attacking being responsible for the attacking. I suppose he figures it's also the sky's fault that they landed themselves in prison in the first place too? All just sweet little lambs really, until that mean old sky took a dislike to them.

Sorry but I don't think a taxpaying, honest, hardworking citizen should have to risk their life to save the life of someone who has been caught, tried, and convicted of attacking taxpaying, honest, hardworking citizens. If you want to be safe, DON'T ATTACK PEOPLE and land yourself in jail!

Idiots, I hope to hades they aren't allowed conjugal... god knows what genes they're passing on that we'll be dealing with in another 15-20 years...

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Glad some others think like i do.. [​IMG]
    I hate that good people have to put their lives at risk for these creeps..

8. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Personally.. i think that you should have NO rights if you are a criminal...
    This country makes most of its own problems..., with the molly coddling and babying and "rights" we give these scum bags.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Hubby's father was a retired max security officer here in Illinois and he would not intervene until all backups are called upon and present at the spot. Otherwise those two prisoners can make a go at themselves.

Yes I think they would lose ALL rights (EXCEPT for BASIC human rights needing care when sick, has to be fed, and housed and clothed) for the lesser or minor offenders. For the rapists and murderers, best to SSS! They would not be entitled to any entertainment except the Bible and a few reading books, limited selection and no candies and so forth. Make them work for their own food depending on the seasons and harvest to feed the entire prison outfit. No conjugal visits or much harsher for the hard core criminals, no visitation rights or phone calls or any internet services. No babying either. AND work to clean up the mess we made outside of their prison walls. NO marriages either! AND NO votings!

No need to clutter up the hospital, you get your treatment or surgery and go back to prison recovery or isolation cell for recovery.

Hubby said they need to bring back the guillotine, firing squad and hand choppers back in the system......

10. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    My Grandpa used to say they ought to issue each prisoner a knife and a fifth of whiskey, lock them in a room together for 24 hours, and then keep the survivors locked up for life. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by