prissy hens

sherrihargrove

Songster
5 Years
Oct 17, 2014
we moved everyone to a new huge coop 11 days ago. I only get 1-3 eggs a day with 8 hens, this is getting on my nerves. I have people calling me daily "any eggs?" I tell then the chickens are mad at me for moving them and are revolting. I do have 1 girl who is molting so I giver her a pass but the others need to get over it before stick them in a pot. They just look at me as if to say Mommy loves her babies and would never do that{wanna bet} does this anger last long? I hope not I refuse to buy eggs we will do without first. At least the idiots figured out how to go inside when it's raining, which it has been doing here in central Texas for almost a month. The coop floor concrete has flooded twice this week.

Last edited:
we moved everyone to a new huge coop 11 days ago. I only get 1-3 eggs a day with 8 hens, this is getting on my nerves. I have people calling me daily "any eggs?" I tell then the chickens are mad at me for moving them and are revolting. I do have 1 girl who is molting so I giver her a pass but the others need to get over it before stick them in a pot. They just look at me as if to say Mommy loves her babies and would never do that{wanna bet} does this anger last long? I hope not I refuse to buy eggs we will do without first. At least the idiots figured out how to go inside when it's raining, which it has been doing here in central Texas for almost a month. The coop floor concrete has flooded twice this week.
They aren't "angry" and punishing you - they are simply having a natural disruption in their production cycle caused by the stress of being moved. It may take a few weeks for them to get back online. Chickens don't do well with stress and change is stress for them.

Back
Top Bottom