Privett?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by sparkles2307, Mar 26, 2009.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I am down to 3 hatcheries on my list. Privett has the lowest price, but I know you pay for what you get so am wondering what kind of experience anyone has had with them? I didnt find many threads talking about them.

2. waibel zoo

waibel zoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Sandy, UT
    I got my chicks from a local feed store, but they order from Privett. I have not lost a chick yet and I have bantams. I can't say what my chicken will look like later but I believe their survival rate is good.

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    They are very rude to deal with. If they make a mistake on your order, it becomes your fault and you become the bad customer and then they blacklist you. I know from experience. [​IMG]

4. Clayton Grace

Clayton Grace Cooped Up

Feb 20, 2009
    I have 25 Blue Langshan chicks order. They were very nice to me. They told me the chicks should be hatching on 5-4-09 and I should get them 5-7-09.

Clayton Grace

5. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    just picked up my babies from a feed store that uses privett. the babies are gorgeous!!!! my cuckoo marans and welsummers are soooo plump for only being 4 days old!!! cute cute cute!!! ive got pics of their phoenixs, welsummers, marans, golden and black sex link, barred rock, ameracaunas, astrolorps, silkies (my hen), polish, and i think thats it??? yes i got all my flock from that feed store. let me know if you want pics

6. Oklahoma Lightning

Oklahoma Lightning Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Twin Oaks
    They don't answer email and promised to send a price list but never did and not to friendly but have good poults I hear so I will just deal with it. I am getting 50 from them.

7. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    I ordered from them twice last year and had a good experience both times. Lost a few in the first batch that was shipped in Feb. and none in the 2nd group that arrived in March. The were fine about giving a credit and ordering. Maybe, those that found them rude, caught somebody on a bad day? The also sent me a price list this last winter, without asking for it. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  8. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I ordered 30 bantams from Privitt last year - I communicated over the phone with them and they were very tolerant when I changed my order about 8 times in 2 weeks! [​IMG] Always acted like it was no problem at all. My chicks arrived healthy and in good time - I didn't lose any. Decent quality for hatchery birds and very good prices. I would order from them again. Good luck!

9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    If I ever use a hatchery again, Privett will be the one I use. I've seen chicks that AussieSharon has ordered from them and they are always healthy and nice looking chicks.

I've also called Privett and asked some questions in the past and they were very nice and helpful.

10. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    My feed store gets their chicks from Privett and they have always been healthy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by