Prized PopTarts!? Outrageous Orange Cream!?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by country flock, Jan 27, 2014.

1. country flock

country flock Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    My Silkies love treats! (who doesn't!?) But they go absolutely nuts over one in particular...PopTarts. Yep. Crust, frosting, filling and all! They Immediately ranked high on their "Faves List". They also, unbelievably, delight in orange cream popsicles! I have to wonder, "Are they normal?"

So, do you have any thoughts, tips or suggestions on these treasured treats?

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    They're Silkies, and you have to ask if they are normal? Interesting on the orange cream Popsicles, wonder if it is the color, they do seem to like cantaloupe and squash/pumpkin, have you done experiments with other colors of Popsicles? Not the best time of year for it, but wonder how they'd feel about lime or rootbeer Popsicles, is it only fruit flavors? Pop tarts I can kind of see, they tend to be kind of speckley looking with the stuff they put on the frosting and can see that attracting chickens, kind of like they always eat the toppings off the bagels first, or the sesame seeds off the buns.

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    LOL, well i wouldn't know i can honestly say that would not have been a food i would offer the fluffballs. I actually all kidding aside don't think either would be good for them to consume. As the PP said could be the colour? ours don't mind pumpkin.

4. country flock

country flock Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I've been wanting to ask about this for awhile - the orange cream Popsicles were eaten in dead summer though. :) I dunno, they always were rather comical... lol I just wanted see what everyone else thought about it! Maybe...they got brain freeze from the pops and never thawed...! lol! ;) Perhaps I shall refrain from the pops.

Any more advice/comments?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by