Probably a dumb question?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by topeka, Jan 14, 2010.

1. topeka

topeka Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Is there a way for me to receive a flag or a tone or some sort of a signal when someone posts on a thread I am interested in???

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

3. topeka

May 17, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    thanks!

4. topeka

May 17, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Quote:I looked at this link and I think what I would be receiving is a lot of emails.

Is it possible to receive some sort of a signal when I am already on BYC and somebody posts on a thread that I am interested in ??

5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:I looked at this link and I think what I would be receiving is a lot of emails.

Is it possible to receive some sort of a signal when I am already on BYC and somebody posts on a thread that I am interested in ??

If you view recent posts, and see a little duck next to the thread that means there have been new posts since you last looked at it. If you posted on that subject you can click on Show your posts and it will bring up all threads you have posted on.

6. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    That would be nice, but i don't think so. I just always have my email and BYC open at the same time, so i see when there are new messages in my email telling me about the threads in BYC that i have subscribed to.

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND

Also you will only recieve one email till you come back to this site, if you are on this site, and lots of comments in a thread you are subscribed to then yes it can fill you mailbox.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by