probably already asked but I'm so new at this

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MSH, May 4, 2011.

1. MSH

MSH Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Cleveland , Georgia
    ok so I have been worrying over these eggs all day my incubator is at 98 degrees and I'm just trying to figure out if thats ok will they hatch at that temp. ? I was hoping my hen would hatch them but it turns out one of I'm thinking my delaware is eating the eggs any advice would be great
    thanks

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    They will hatch, but they could hatch later than the 21st day, seeing as the lower temps inhibit the development as fast as should be... [​IMG]

And by the way!!!! [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  3. DanEP

DanEP Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Cadiz Ky
    first try and get your temp up to 99.5 if you have a fan in your bator or 101 if its still air. we also need to know how far along are your eggs ? the humidity should be 35 to 45 for the first 18 days and then 60-65 for the last three days. If you don't have a turner in your bator you will need to turn them by hand 3 or 4 times a day.This should get you started but you can repost with more questions and I'm sure someone will be happy to help.

Dan

4. MSH

MSH Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Cleveland , Georgia
    well my hubbie just put them in today they were laid yesterday and the day before it's still air the humidity is 43 I have turned them twice today was going to one more time before bed I've put the incubator box in a bigger box and stuffed some packing penuts around it to insulate it maybe that way it will hold the heat better ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by