Probably lost them all!! (3/2) ~Update~

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RubberChickenLubber, Feb 8, 2008.

1. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    I just put in 6 EE, 10 BR, 3 BO, 5 Dominques, 1 langshen, 1 Cukoo Maran, 3 Leghorn, 1 RIR, and one mutt from my chicks. I only got 9 out of my last 30, I'm sure mostly to my anxiousness. I messed with them more than I should have. These are being left alone, except for candling every 7 days and rotating. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Hope they hatch, I love putting new eggs in the incubators. keep us updated around day 21 [​IMG]

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Good luck with your hatch. The best way to improve your hatching is to keep on trying. [​IMG]

Jody

4. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    RCL,
    I put 24 more in the bator on Tuesday morning.
    Had 7 to hatch, the last 2 on Monday morning and I couldn't bear the thoughts of that bator being empty.
    Plus I ordered 18 from Ideal, due to ship on the 27.........So, they'll be around the same age and I can brood them together.

Yeah, DH is gonna kill me.

5. RubberChickenLubber

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Well I've had the flu, and didn't have the energy to turn them until 4pm. Well the bulb had gone out and I don't know when. The temp was 72. I replaced the bulb, but don't have much hope in them. [​IMG]

6. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    They may still be alive. Don't give up.

7. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Rubber,
    I have messed up so many times I dont want to even describe how much it sucked....BUT......it is amazing how though all of that I end up with babies!!!!!!!!!!!! I have sticky candling fingers and during the hatches I open the bator(all bad stuff) but they still hatch. Maybe not as many as I wanted, but I did not kill them all.

Keep your fingers crossed. When is day 21?

8. RubberChickenLubber

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Hatch date is Feb 29 at 8pm. I'm not throwing them out or anything until March 3rd, or they start to smell. Part of them are EE's so I won't be able to tell anything until the hatch date.

9. RubberChickenLubber

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Well looks like I'll have at least one survive!!! I had my first pip, and It's only day 20. Hopefully, we'll have more!!!

10. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Come on out little ones!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by