Probably not a topic anyone wants to think about... But just curious

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by DTchickens, Dec 13, 2008.

1. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    How do you want your funeral when you.. Go. [​IMG] , Personally i want my funeral to be a party. I'd rather people not cry/be sad when i "go" other then that i really dont care if im cremated/burried.... And i remember my girlfriend telling me she wanted to be cremated and spread over cherry blossoms. (her favorite flower besides a pink rose), but anyway [​IMG] how would you like yours? Just in the ground, Cremated and spread over something you like/love, a party.. 21 guns salute?

-Daniel

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I hope that when I go, I have at least had a chance to make a big impact on people's lives. I want to help people and make a difference in the world.

My body is my "shell," according to my religious beliefs, and I don't really mind what is done with it after my spirit is gone. In fact, I believe I won't know or care what is happening on earth after I have passed away. I suppose it would be nice to be buried next to my husband [​IMG] but other than that, I don't really mind too much what is done.

3. Trollkiller

Trollkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Lake Como, Fl. 32157
    Cremate me and toss me in the dumpster.

4. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:yeah, "I want to help people and make a difference in the world." Me too [​IMG]. so far my plans for life is-Go to college, open my own business, make a lot of money (not for Selfish/greedy reasons though.. Just so i could eventually take care of a family without having to struggle, Grew up in a poor family and been there [​IMG], and i have a few good plans for businesses), plan on giving a mil if i ever get that much back to my parents for everything they've done. see the great wall of china.. visit or move to australia... buy a average size house.. not one for big houses or fancy cars just to show off my money Help/change (For the better) as many people as i can along the way. annddd.. then i can die [​IMG]

5. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    I already own my graves in family plot, joke is who will be next to me. The name has changed many times.
    I want horses to pull an ornate wagon with my body past my house for the last time. Ya know those black horses with big feathers on their heads.
    Then a 3 day wake.
    Oh and Tropicania roses on my wooden casket.
    As you can tell I have not given this subject much thought!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  6. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    I have always said that I would like my body to be able to be used as most critters are when they die-to feed others. If I could figure out a way, leaving my body to the coyotes, vultures and flies would be preferable to even being cremated, which is what will happen.

Once I'm done with it, it should be a part of the "circle of life".

Just toss it in with the chickens! I'll bet they would pick my bones clean in just a few days! Kind of like mother spiders who turn themselves into food for their babies.

When the 7th graders I teach find this out, they're pretty grossed out!

BTW-If any parts of me are still usable, they are up for grabs by those whose parts aren't working so well before the remains are tossed to the chickens.

7. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I want to go out of the world the same way I came in, as just another patient in the hospital that no real fuss is made over and that causes no problems. Quietly, pain free, a few fond rememberances from the people closest to me and as few tears as possible.

I hope for noone to be heartbroken at my passing. No sad memorial service, no group of people dressed in black having to console each other or put on fake smiles to hide their pain.

After organ donation....I would like to be cremated, no ceremony and my ashes tossed in the ocean (my favorite place on earth). And for my family to be able to go on easily, surviving well, without me [​IMG]

8. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Rte.66_chicks :

I have always said that I would like my body to be able to be used as most critters are when they die-to feed others. If I could figure out a way, leaving my body to the coyotes, vultures and flies would be preferable to even being cremated, which is what will happen.

Once I'm done with it, it should be a part of the "circle of life".

Just toss it in with the chickens! I'll bet they would pick my bones clean in just a few days! Kind of like mother spiders who turn themselves into food for their babies.

When the 7th graders I teach find this out, they're pretty grossed out!

[​IMG] thats a gross thought, but to each his own [​IMG]

9. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    Quote:lol...

10. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Other than being cremated, whatever comforts my family the most. It's up to them, I've told them already to do whatever they like best cause I won't be there. (if by chance I'm wrong, and I AM there, well that's fine too, I'll just grin and bear it!)

They are well aware of how much I dislike the pretentious shows some people put on, so I'm guessing it won't be that, but it's only a guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by