Probably too young to tell...

donnap1967

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
Northern NJ
After reading through the forum it's probably too soon to tell but I figured I'd ask. I never noticed this part of the forum before.
My babies are 2 1/2 weeks old. If anyone can help me with their sex, anyone have a guess?

This is the larger chick, Lucky......

Lucky again....

This is the second chick, Trixie......

Trixie again...

This is the third chick, Sunshine.....

Sunshine again.....

airmom1c05

Songster
11 Years
Feb 3, 2008
Raymond, Mississippi
I don't know who's a roo and who's a pullet, but I do know they are all really pretty! What breed(s) are they? Their legs are pretty large looking and they already have combs! My guess would be males, but I don't really know.

SeaChick

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
Southern Maine
Ok, I am not an expert by any means, so take it with a grain of salt, but my guess is that at least Lucky is a cockerel.

ebaribault

Songster
11 Years
Feb 21, 2008
Antrim, NH
Hi Donnap,
Just enjoy your chics, and one morning a 4:00 in the morning they will let you know if they are roos.

Good luck,
Ed

Last edited:

donnap1967

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
Northern NJ
Yeh, I was guessing at least on Lucky being a roo, though this is my first set of chicks. He actually made all the motions of a rooster crowing except no sound came out lol. He is only a day older than the other two but he is much bigger.

I really don't know what breeds they could be because this started out as an innocent science fair project. We rented an incubator and bought the eggs from a local farm that does this sort of thing for school kids and then they take back any chicks when you return the incubator.

The problem is I am in love and I am thinking of begging my husband to let me keep them

I really don't know what kind of chickens this farm/store keeps and if they separate them by breed.

Top Bottom