probably wrong place but......

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlady08, Nov 10, 2010.

1. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    I recently lost my khaki campbell drake. My duck is all alone and I was wondering if anyone close to me would have a girl or boy they would want to get rid of. I did already post in the WTB section but maybe here would help me out.

Thank you

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    So sorry for the loss of your duck. I hope you find another friend for your other soon. Good luck.

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

If you lived closer I would of given you a few..ive got all females.

4. silkiesandbuffs

silkiesandbuffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Weatherford, Texas
    I am having the same exact problem! My drakes mate passes away from an unknown cause two days ago. We have no idea what happened to her, she was very healthy. So, now we are on the search for a friend for "Sunny", but no luck so far. We are willing to drive an hour or so. I feel so sorry for the poor drake he is all by himself. Granted we have chickens but he really misses our Rouen duck. He is stressed, I believe, because he is grooming himself constantly and is losing quite a few feathers.

5. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Try your local Craigslist under farm and garden. There a people trying to give ducks away right now because of winter and no place to put them.

6. chickenlady08

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Quote:Thank you. I wish I lived closer to cause I would certainly take you up on your offer.

7. chickenlady08

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Quote:I looked but I didn't know under farm and garden. Thank you. Will go loook again. Thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by