1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. the beginner

the beginner Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2016
    Hi I was wodering what food i could give my chickens that whould be proboitic and heathy for them

2. shortgrass

shortgrass Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
    Yogurt, definitely yogurt.
    Raw apple cider vinegar, awesome stuff...

Along with PRObiotics, don't miss out on PREbiotics as well! Garlic, also awesome stuff.
    Fresh wheat is great, oatmeal, and other whhole grains.
    Beans go well with all of the above, especially if you soak them for a couple days first, start them fermenting on their own.

Oh! Search for threads on "fermenting your own Feeds". Fermenting your feed is an excellent way to boost both probiotics and prebiotic life, so definitely highly recommend fermenting your feed ;)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  3. the beginner

Jun 29, 2016
    thanks\

4. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Here's some info on probiotics. Just check your feed label to make sure you aren't "overdoing it".
    A lot of commercial feeds already contain pro and pre-biotics.

Make sure your flock has fresh poultry feed daily free choice and plenty of fresh clean water. Limit treats to no more than 10% of their daily intake. Make treats things like fresh fruit, veggies and occasionally some sunflower seeds, etc. If you free range, make feed available at all times as well.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/02/probiotics-natural-choice-for-healthy.html
    http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2015/09/probiotics-vs-prebiotics-in-chicken-diet.html

5. the beginner

Jun 29, 2016
    thanks ok

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by