Problem for winter

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Cheryl925, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Cheryl925

Cheryl925 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    Long Island
    Evening y'all big chilling with my peeps from long island!!! This is my question...my EE currently roosts at night outside the coop in top. My other four won't let her in at night. She gets feather picked by my alpha RIR. In winter, what do I do. She's docile so I could throw her in and hope fir the best. No I know the'll probably kill her the first night. Now, chicken diapers and a house chicken in winter us not an option...so don't suggest that. There's no room to build a coop annex fir just her al a Anne frank. So what do I do?

2. Cheryl925

Apr 12, 2010
    Long Island
    By the way, she's the only one who's yet to lay....hmmm...stress maybe?

3. MrChicken207

MrChicken207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Caribou, Maine
    maybe remove the alpha RIR, and segregate her. put the EE in and after a few days (maybe a week?) put the RIR back in. It might actually reorganize the pecking order dynamics. if that doesn't work, There are several other options that you could consider, but I'd try the options that lets you keep all of them first.

4. Cheryl925

Apr 12, 2010
    Long Island
    Wow I need spell check on these blasted posts!!!

5. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    Quote:Install the (free) Google Toolbar - get it here . It has a spell checker for web forms, works great! The toolbar has other handy features, too, like searching directly from it, search history, etc.
    [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Try Mrchicken's suggestion. If that doesn't work, you could always rehome her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by