Problem with Egg Turner for HovaBator... Please help!

1 Florida chick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Sebring, Florida
My egg turner is not working. It hasn't been used for long and I just started a new batch of eggs.

I noticed it didn't seem to be turning so I unplugged then plugged back in. I even switched plugs in case that was the problem. After that it did a half rotation (from right to left) and is now stuck again. The motor is warm to the touch and makes a slight noise no different from when it was working a few months ago. I moved all the eggs away from the motor, but still not turning. I am hand turning the eggs now, but does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have this problem and what did you do? Google doesn't seem to have any solutions.

Quote:
Mine went out last year and I was able to order just a motor from GQF, I went and bought a new turner locally until the motor arrived but you could hand turn until then

Thanks for the advice.

I went to turn the eggs again before bed and it looks like they have moved. So it must be intermittently working. After work I fiddled with it a bit; tried to take the weight of the eggs off the plastic turning piece and tried to push it in the direction its suppose to go. Maybe I knocked something loose? It was stuck leaning to the left so I'm sure in the morning it will be stuck to the right!

Looks like a new motor is about $25 plus shipping...

Back
Top Bottom