problem with new baby gosling

stabley1991

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
Hull
My gosling hatched this morning but it appeared to have its umbilical cord around its leg and it was bleeding.
Its not bleeding anymore but theres a lump where the cord has been and its got tiny lumps over it. Could this be its intestines? and if it is will it correct itself or will it cause any problems?
hmm.png
Its sat up and cheeping to the others and it can move about and is generally healthy apart from that.

Quote:
It sounds to me like the yolk had not been fully absorbed. It should complete absorbsion in the next 24 hours and as long as a infection didn't get started your gosling could do well.~gd

ok. so its been 24 hours and the chicks still strong but the lumps still there. Its not yolky so im posting a picture of it.
27186_image048.jpg

Hard to see but that doesn't look like a yoke that is not absorbed. I expect your gosling will make the trip to the Rainbow bridge, I am sorry for your loss!

well its been 2 weeks now and i just thought id let you know how the goose is doing. Its still strong and yesterday i came home to find it had pecked the remains of the lump off so everything appears normal now. Hopefully it wont cause any more problems
celebrate.gif

Quote:
That is really bizarre! Awesome though. Those lumps didn't look like intestines to me - and I've seen a lot of intestines. I don't know what they were but who cares at this point - your goose is great!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom