Problem with pvc feeder

TexasSam

Free Ranging
Jul 27, 2017
Weatherford Texas
IMG_1024.JPG
I built a pvc feeder and the feed doesn't fall like it should what am I doing wrong

Elyrian1 is correct, somewhat.... This type of feeder relies on gravity and the weight of the food to pull the food into the bottom. The 90 degree bend in your pvc pip is actually working as a "bottle neck" and not letting the mass of the feed "spread out".
I have one too that does that I though it was because my pvc is only 1 1/2 in not the 3 in that I see people using. When I mounted it I even put it on a slight angle so gravity would be helped out but nop still gets blocked and I have to use my finger and push the feed down into the strait pvc. I think I will try the 45 and see if that helps.
IMG_8463.JPG

Yea, feed just doesn't flow very well. Scientifically, probably because there is too much friction or something like that with all of the tiny particles. For example, if it was full of marbles, they'd have no issue rolling to the bottom.

Now, if you were to change the design a little, and use more than one pipe, it could solve the issue... more pipes to fill, but would last the same amount of time, I suppose... (this isn't my photo, I saw it on pinterest)

upload_2017-10-16_17-2-38.png

Back
Top Bottom