Problem with Silkies

chickendude1

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Morganton North Carolina
Hi i got a problem with my silkie chicks. I hatched a few silkies, they turned out to be smaller than my last silkies, there not growing very quickly and are not very active. Several have already dies. I really dont know whats wrong with them. I have 5 silkie roosters with my 2 silkie hens. I know i have too many roosters already. I two red ones, two white silkie roosters, and one black one. The two hens are black and white and are the chicks of the black rooster. Those are my breeding roosters and hens. I dont know why there chicks are dying and arent active. We hatched them in our Sportsmen Incubator witch is cleaned every hatch. Please i need expert advice on this problem. Please help so i dont make anymore mistakes Thanks.

Maybe you have inbred chooks
wink.png
The same thing happened to my friend once. They all started getting quirky deformities then dying earlier. Another option is malnutrition. They could also be too cold, or too hot. A little more information would be helpful
smile.png
Sorry for your loss

Quote:
Line breeding is father to daughter or mother to son

Inbreeding is brother to sister.....be very careful with inbreeding except to "set" a desirable trait, but can also cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom