1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Problem with standard bronze poult

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by myhubbycallsmechickeemama, May 16, 2011.

1. myhubbycallsmechickeemama

myhubbycallsmechickeemama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Arco, ID
    I have a 4 week old tomorrow poult, when I went to the chicken coop this morning I noticed that it seemed to have a hard time walking. Eating and drinking normally but really wobbly when standing and doesn't stand for very long before plopping down. Tonight it appears to drop its wings down to help it stand up and is still eating and drinking normally. They are on Nutrena Nature Wise Meatbird feed 22% protein and broiler booster in the water. I am brand new to all of this so I don't have a clue. The turkeys are in with a year old White Crested Black Polish that is very mellow and some cornish x chicks. Any suggestions? TIA!!

2. myhubbycallsmechickeemama

May 9, 2011
    Arco, ID
    Nobody can help me???

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Have you looked at it's poop? that can tell you alot. could be cocci. just one thought.

4. myhubbycallsmechickeemama

May 9, 2011
    Arco, ID
    Poop looks very normal. [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I know nothing about Turkeys except they taste good and they can catch disease of some kind from chickens, but if nothing else you might want to boost his feed with some vitamins you can get at the feed store. also ask about this on the Turkey thread not because we don't want to help but because people there do Turkeys and would know more maybe?

6. myhubbycallsmechickeemama

May 9, 2011
    Arco, ID
    Thank you hun! Will give that a try.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by