Problem With Sunday

JadeMurphy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
England
I have two chicks called Sunday (Black) and Eleven (Yellow) that are three days old. Mother hen hatched them herself, and is doing great bringing them up so far. However, there is a small problem...

Yellow chick is beautifully fluffy and round, but black chick has a shortage of fluff on his wings & you can see what I'm guessing is his little bone structure, on each wing.

Yellow chick was out of his egg within two hours, and dried off quickly, but black chick took all day & didn't dry off till the morning. Does this mean he is weaker?

Black chick also has a medium sized lump on his neck, well either that or it is his skin that has no fluff on at all that appears to be raised. There's no scabs on it or puss, & he seems to run around just as happy and capable as yellow.

I haven't got any photos yet & I'm not quite sure how to get them onto this post if I do. Has anybody experienced anything like this before? Did it go away in time? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Jade!

Sometimes, the darker chicks do look like that. I would say as long as it's acting happy, then don't worry.

Congratulations on your hatch!

Thanks guys.

I'll just keep an eye on him as I'm not sure there'd be much I could do about his little problems anyway.

I will maybe upload a picture later now I know how to
smile.png

I've also just realised I'm calling them both 'him'. We're actually hoping for girls
smile.png

Quote:
The person asked a very valid question to the forum without pictures big deal, what is your basic problem? I know you have 7500+ posts and your tired of being nice and helping a newby out. If you don't like the question asked then ignore it. Your the one thats been around long enough to NOT POST YOUR OPINION if you do not like the thread or what it said!!

Just my opinion that we are all provided the privelege to post our thoughts and problems no matter how stupid or smart they are on this forum. To post or not to post is your decision ridgerunner or read or not to read is also an option.

Steve

Last edited:
Uhhhh...I think you may have misinterpreted Ridgerunner's post...
At least I interpreted it to inform the OP that they DID have enough posts to upload a picture, and simply included directions on how to do it.
It is very difficult (sometimes nearly impossible) to diagnose a problem without a picture (I'm sure the OP would agree.)

For example, i've seen someone post a picture of what they "thought" was pasty butt, but was actually an umbilicus.
Had there not been a picture, everyone probably would have told the person to pick it off and wipe the chick down with a wet cloth! That would have been BAD.

The word "privilege" has several nuances, and I certainly didn't take its use in Ridgerunner's post to be an insult to the OP. Maybe you should re-read it again, slower.

Quote:
I am the first person to admit If I made a mistake I will admit it and say I am Sorry. However I have been blogging for over a decade and did not read it that way. If it was intended another meaning I do apologize and sorry for mis-understanding it wrong. I hate some of the arrogance displayed by some members of various forums than the "better than thou attitude". All folks are not created equal and there are smart ones and not so smart ones and everyone is entitled to a say and an opinion.

Again to Ridgerunner If I read your post and took it the wrong way I am sorry.

Steve

Last edited:
Boy did I stir things up. I'm innocent I promise you.

No apologies necessary. Honest misunderstanding. I did not answer the basic question because I don't have an answer.

The OP did state they were not sure how to post photos.

As inconvenient as that limit is for new people to post links, I had to have my hard drive wiped due to something that happened before Nifty imposed that limit. I do support his decision.

Back
Top Bottom