problems after a prolapse

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by o-townchicken, Oct 3, 2011.

1. o-townchicken

o-townchicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2011
    howdy all-one of my favorite and friendliest chickens-beyonce-recently prolapsed. i got info from you all-honey, prep h, and keep on puttin it back in-well it took 4 days and her butt stayed in!! hooray!! well, it's been 2 weeks. I was out of town and my husband calledto say it prolapsed again. I got back the next night and he said it was back in and that she was acting distressed and had posted up in a nesting box for the night.(he had already put them up for the night.) Well, I go to check her out today and she is not prolapsed. She is featherless below her but. It is not raw or irritated. Just bald. and she is distressed and wont come out of the nesting box. It looks as though she bled some, but, the blood looks like it was there since yesterday. What the heck? Does anyone know what could be going on. I want to help her but not sure what to do.....

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like you have been through a real ordeal! I'm afraid I can't help but I'll send this back to the top and maybe someone else can advise you. Hope she is all right! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by