Problems, Questions, White Leghorns.

deadeye531

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 12, 2009
Chattanooga, TN
Me and a buddy have been having problems with out white leghorn hatches and we need help to figure the problem out. They are on a good layer feed with high protien, there are 2 roosters and 12 hens together. We both have been having similar problems in different incubators and in different cities. The last set I had I set 35 eggs, 2 were dead on candleing and 33 I had blood rings and on day 18 movement. I had 9 hatch and 2 died during hatching and left the others for another week and no hatches. He set 42 and had 3 dead eggs and movement in the others, day 24 has come and gone for him and still nothing but they are still in lockdown hoping. all hens are a year to 2 years old and the roos are a year. Any Idea what the problem could be??

Ok, your post is confusing me a little.

Do you mean 2 had blood rings an 33 were good at day 18 but only 9 hatched?

If so here's what I think. The ones that died before day 18 are normal losses. Most likely a genetic or bacterial issue.

Making it to day 18 but not hatching is almost always humidity.

On the first hatch you got 9, number 10 an 11 did not make it out but piped the shell an 8 did not pip?

Humidity a bit low would be my guess on that one. But it could have not been to bad to get the 9 that you did.

On the second setting 39 made it threw day 18 but did not hatch?

That would be humidity to but if it was to high or to low would just be a guess without seeing the eggs opened up.

Are you measuring humidity? If so what were your reading for days 1-18? An what were they for 18 on?

Back
Top Bottom