Problems with Genesis 1588 Power supply? Thermostat?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Smokin Silkies, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    Ok I'm having a problem with my Genesis. I'm going to try and explain it without being too confusing. I had company yesterday & I believe the kids that were here did something to it and I also found a cracked egg [​IMG]

So anyhow I have 2 Genesis 1588 incubators full of eggs. Yesterday after my company left I went in there and one of the incubators temps was at 80!!! Eggs weren't even warm anymore. The power supplys green light was on but it seemed as if there wasn't enough power to run the bator. So I unplugged the cord from my other "working" bator and plugged it into the other one & you can barely here it running. BUT the power supply works on the other bator. So I'm thinking its both the power supply and possibly the thermostat also?

I called Cutler Supply, where I bought them from, and she's going to call me back! In the meantime I'm trying to figure out whats going on myself!

I'm more mad about the 40 eggs I just bought and had shipped to me that are now DEAD!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by