Problems

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MyNameIs86, Feb 4, 2013.

1. MyNameIs86

MyNameIs86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    So I noticed with my incubator that it won't go much higher then 98 degrees and that is with the temp all the way cranked up.
    i bought a temperature from petco which i brought back cuz it read 98 degrees and cracked. but i noticed that the humidity was also 25 degrees ...

my room temperature is at 65 degrees and is in a spot far from door and windows...
    argh. what to do?

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Are you saying you had 2 incubators that had this temperature problem? It might be the thermometer... I had a similar problem with 2 different incubators that wouldn't hold the correct temp only to find out the problem was with my thermometer. Get a good quality thermometer and hygrometer and test both the temp and humidity again, place the incubator in different spots in your house to be sure. Good luck!

3. MyNameIs86

MyNameIs86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    no i'm saying that i have 1 incubator with the one thermometer that came with it and another thermometer i bought yesterday. They both showed the same tempurature though. The petco showed 98 and the one that came with it showed 101 which is the quivalant of 98 since it is only off 3 degrees

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Sorry, my mistake! So your incubator is running at a slightly low temp. What make/model is it? Or is it home-made?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by