Processed our first Turkey ( PIC's ADDED )

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by al6517, Oct 16, 2008.

1. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I processed our first Turkey a BB white last month, it dressed out at 26lbs at 4 mo old, and I thought it was really pretty easy. It took only about 15 minutes after scalding and it was done, I just hand plucked this one. The neck chopping was a bit tough as that neck was huge, took a few whacks to finally get it. I aged it in the fridge for 3 days and then oven roasted it, and i must say it was quite tasty. Here are a few pic's

AL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    I wanna eat at your place!

3. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    We were going to order some turkeys in the spring and after seeing your pic it is DEFINITE !! Great job !!!!![​IMG]

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:So when is the next turkey dinner??? [​IMG] Can I come.......pweese! [​IMG]

5. Gloria

Gloria Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful bird! And nice job too!!

6. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Sorry this is SOOOOO off topic here, but Gloria I just looked at your avatar and shot coffee outta my nose....The dogs are now barking crazy mad because I laughed so loud, and my eyes are tearing up from laughing so hard I can barely see to type this.... [​IMG]

7. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Let me know when your invited to eat over there, I'll hitch a ride. I'll even bring my own silverwear if needed... [​IMG]

8. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    There is nothing I would like more than to have a bunch of loyal BYCer's sitting around my table for a great meal. I am Italian so this is a very common thing for us, remember we Italians live to eat, not eat to live, think about it. great friendships are forged at the dinner table.

Thanks All
    AL

9. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    So, when's supper?

10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    nice plucking job!