processing/butcher

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by hunterblu123, Nov 11, 2010.

1. hunterblu123

hunterblu123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    SW Ohio
    Does anyone know of any processing/butcher place near the Cincinnati, Ohio area?

2. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Not in your area, but to keep your post active there is an awesome processor in E. Bridgewater MA that has done all my ducks and chickens... Real nice folks/ Den Bestons farm. Just picked up 4 of my Muscovies last week...

3. cackleberrycoop

cackleberrycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Montana
    Quote:How do they charge for the butchering? Is it a flat rate, a per birds rate, ?

4. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Quote:How do they charge for the butchering? Is it a flat rate, a per birds rate, ?

They have a sort of "menu" to do birds. All I know is the prices for chickens and ducks. Chickens are $3 to kill and pluck, and another $2 to gut and clean. Ducks are $7 to kill/pluck and 10 for the deluxe treatment. They do Turkeys etc all the way up to full grown steers and cows.

5. cackleberrycoop

cackleberrycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Montana

They have a sort of "menu" to do birds. All I know is the prices for chickens and ducks. Chickens are $3 to kill and pluck, and another $2 to gut and clean. Ducks are $7 to kill/pluck and 10 for the deluxe treatment. They do Turkeys etc all the way up to full grown steers and cows.

Perfect! Thanks Peterlund.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by