1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Processing in GA?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by The Monkey Mama, Jun 14, 2008.

1. The Monkey Mama

The Monkey Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Kennesaw, GA
    I tried to search for this topic and couldn't find a thread on it, but I am new here and I apologize if there is one that I'm just too lame to locate!

Does anyone know of anyone who will process chickens for individual chicken owners in the state of GA?

I've been looking and can't find anyone... I'd like to learn to do it myself as soon as possible but right now we have things going on that make it hard to butcher a bunch of chickens at the moment [mostly because I'm due with a baby in a few weeks & having complications].

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Kelly

2. kokotg

kokotg Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2008
    I just saw someone advertising on Craigslist for this the other day. I don't have a link, but if you search the atlanta craigslist for "chickens" it will come up.

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I'd also say check craigslist and any other form of 'paper shop' you might have in your area.
    Best of luck with your pregnancy! Once things get better down there, you can check this site for reference on butchering yourself. Very helpful [​IMG]

4. The Monkey Mama

The Monkey Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Kennesaw, GA
    Well I'll be darned! THANK YOU!!! I just checked Craigslist and there is a guy not 30 minutes from me who is doing this!

I have been trying to find someone for 3 months - wish I'd found BYC sooner! LOL!

THANK YOU so much!

Kelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by